Construction Management and Control Specialist
Construction Management and Control SpecialistMabbett & Associates, Inc.
Washington, DC 20003
Mabbett & Associates, Inc. (Mabbett®) is seeking an experienced, technically competent and self-motivated professional to support a long-term client of the firm. This is a full-time position imbedded at the client’s facility located near the U.S. Capitol, Washington, D.C., a five to eight minute walk from the Capitol South Metro Station.
The client’s Facilities Management Division (FMD) manages a wide-range of facilities around the Capitol Hill area, from standard offices to special use facilities. This is a full-time, forty (40) hour per week position with a general schedule of Monday through Friday, 0700 – 1630, with some flexibility. FMD supports all major U.S. government events to include Inauguration, Capitol Concerts, State of the Union and special events, which occasionally require work after normal business hours, as well as on holidays and/or weekends.
Roles and Responsibilities
- This position will support the Facilities Management Division. Primarily responsible for surveillance, monitoring and controlling of renovation projects.
- The incumbent in this position must have knowledge of construction practices, methods, and techniques. The incumbent will also conduct site surveys of all agency spaces to ensure all safety requirements are met and document all violations for corrective action.
- On-going monitoring of all agency-occupied areas for safety adherence is part of the job duties.
- Incumbent in this position reviews plans and specifications prior to construction to ensure that all the agency’s requirements have been included in the documents.
- The incumbent must also attend all construction conferences to ensure the agency’s requirements are met effectively. As a representative for FMD, the incumbent informs contractors of requirements concerning construction scheduling, progress reporting, and safety measures.
- The incumbent ensures that work schedules are maintained as planned and there is no adverse impact on agency operations. The incumbent advises FMD managers on plans and specifications and determines and ensures the work meets agency program requirements, and results in sound and safe environments.
- Incumbent in this position also determines the need for equipment changes, building modifications, increased safety measures and reports them to the FMD managers with recommendations for corrective action.
- Associate’s degree in architectural, engineering or facilities/construction management and building services.
- 5 + years of progressive experience in holistic facilities and construction management activities.
- Proven expertise in construction management, oversight, scheduling and coordination, and construction safety.
- Experience in identifying program requirements, developing scope of work documents, and defining required resources.
- Hands-on experience with construction management, including coordination and logistics-related activities and programs.
- Ability to read, interpret and red-line architectural-engineering drawings, including architectural, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP), etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office ®, particularly Excel to create and/or edit spreadsheets and project schedules.
- The individual selected for this position requires excellent interpersonal, time management and coordination skills since they will be working closely as the position will require the selected individual to work with others on a day-to-day basis.
- Valid state/District of Columbia driver’s license.
- Due to the nature of our work, the clients that we serve, and the setting for certain on-site assignments, the candidate selected for this position must be fully vaccinated for the Covid-19 virus prior to beginning employment except in situations where a medical or religious accommodation is requested and granted by the firm. Commitment to maintain full-vaccination status by obtaining any and all future booster immunizations, etc. as may be mandated by CDC policy or regulation or firm/firm client requirements will also be required.
- Must be able to obtain, as a minimum, OMB Position of Public Trust and Federal Protective Services Favorable designations. An existing active DoD security clearance is preferred.
- Ability to travel, work in the field, work outdoors, and lift 50 lbs.
- Military Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply and receive recruitment preference.
- Bachelor’s degree in architectural, building services engineering, or construction management.
- Previous experience working with/for a consulting, architectural and engineering firm dealing with the built environment.
- Proficiency in computer-aided design and drawing (either AutoCAD or Micro Station as FMD utilizes both software applications) although not required is preferred.
- Past military or law enforcement work experience.
- Retired military personnel are strongly encouraged to apply.
Any applicant who is unable to use, or requires assistance with, the online application process may request an accommodation by contacting Human Resources at: (781) 275-6050 or via email at email@example.com.
The firm is an Equal Opportunity and Veteran Friendly Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. For more information, visit: www.mabbett.com.