Crew Member - Window and Door Install Team
Crew Member - Window and Door Install TeamPACE Construction
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented and experienced individual who is excited to join a window and door installation crew to grow their career. It is an ideal fit for someone with some window installation, carpentry, or construction experience who wants to enhance their skills and advance. This is a full-time position and is not for subcontractors – this is for a permanent PACE team member in Washington, D.C.
We are looking for hardworking and dependable professionals to work on PACE teams. All types of construction work are included, but specifically, tearing out and replacing old frames and correcting issues with old materials is key in this role. You will be removing old windows and doors and installing new ones while following manufacturer specifications.
This candidate has carpentry skills, is proficient at caulking, is eager to master the basic skills, and eye for quality installations.
- Begin with a smile and focus on efficiency, quality, and customer service.
- Enthusiastically participate in work in a professional and timely manner.
- Follow directions to meet the client's specific requirements pertaining to installations.
- Measure doorways, frames, and windows for installation.
- Prepare tools, equipment, and materials for all on-site operations.
- Assist in inventory checks at the shop and on-site.
- Prepare worksites to make for a safe work environment.
- Actively participate in loading and unloading materials.
- Remove old frames and install new ones.
- Ensure installations are per the manufacturer's specifications.
- Confirm doors and windows meet operating standards.
- Install associated hardware, including locks, keys, and knobs.
- Assist with painting and other remodeling duties as necessary.
- Meet the requirements of all installation inspections and checklists.
- Maintain a safe and clean workspace and lead the final clean-up.
- Enhance client relationships by doing work that gets 5-star reviews.
- Will be accountable for the tools, equipment, and materials.
- Safely discard waste.
- Complete work with a smile and pride in the workmanship.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Strong work ethic and dependable.
- Good tool skills.
- Ability to be flexible to changing work conditions and assignments, and work well on a team.
- Proactively seeks guidance and coaching.
- Works comfortably off ladders: must be able to work from various heights in varied weather conditions.
- Can lift and carry at least 75 lbs.
- Physical stamina and manual dexterity.
- Valid driver's license: qualified candidates must have a good driving record and reliable transportation to and from our shop and/or job sites.
- Carpentry experience.
- Able to pass a background check that is monitored monthly.
- High school diploma or GED certificate.
About PACE Construction:
PACE is a boutique firm offering complete design-build, construction, and concierge home improvements services. PACE’s mission is to contribute professionally to the construction and maintenance of strong, long-lasting buildings and products. We are passionate about building great products that make people’s lives easier. Combined our team has over 60 years of experience strategizing innovative home building experiences for small remodeling projects to the development of home communities.Our company based in our nation’s capital, Washington, DC has expertise in historic Federal Rowhouse remodels. We are excited to partner with you on this new project!