Lead CarpenterPACE Construction
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented and experienced individual who is prepared to step into a leadership position and grow their career. It is an ideal fit for someone with carpentry or construction experience who is prepared for the next level of craftsmanship and responsibility. This is a full-time position who will be a key member of the production team in Washington, D.C.
Your job will entail working in diverse settings to produce strong and functional products. A lead carpenter has excellent dexterity and an eye for detail. The ideal candidate will have good knowledge of wood properties and other carpentry materials. Working with little supervision while following all health and safety standards is essential. The goal is to contribute to the construction and maintenance of strong and long-lasting buildings and products.
PACE Lead Carpenters:
- Begin with a smile and focus on quality, attention to detail, and excellent service.
- Help train and actively lead internal teams and subcontractors.
- Efficiently fulfill installation projects in a professional and timely manner.
- Confer with clients on their specific requirements.
- Inspect work and meet with inspectors.
- Prepare all tools, equipment, and materials for all on-site operations.
- Manage the details of inventory checks at the shop and on-site.
- Prepare worksites to make for a safe work environment.
- Actively participate in loading and unloading materials.
- Read plans and specs to ensure installations are per specifications.
- Confirm work and equipment meets operating standards.
- Assists in plumbing, electrical, HVAC, drywall, painting, and other duties as necessary.
- Complete the required installation inspections and checklists.
- Maintains a safe and clean workspace and participates in final clean-up.
- Ensures works pose no hazards to people or property.
- Preserve client relationships by resolving issues, guiding walkthroughs, and getting final approvals with 5-star reviews.
- Oversee and be accountable for the tools, equipment, and materials used for each project.
- Discard or save unused materials and acquire low-stock materials.
- Complete work with a smile and pride in the workmanship.
- Strong work ethic and dependable.
- Ability to effectively document daily work progress through construction project management software.
- Reliably track follow the schedule and to do’s assigned within a smartphone app.
- Ability to solve mathematical problems quickly and accurately.
- Ability to properly care for and use tools of the trade.
- Thorough understanding of carpentry principles and methods.
- Works well as part of a team.
- Understanding of carpentry techniques and methods of installation and construction.
- Proficient in using electrical and manual equipment and measurement tools (powered saws, hammers, rulers, etc).
- Ability to read technical documents and drawings.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to be flexible to changing work conditions and assignments, and work well on a team.
- Able to proactively problem-solve.
- Physical stamina; prolonged periods standing, climbing, bending, and kneeling.
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds at a time.
- Must be able to safely work with sharp tools or power equipment.
- Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions and terrains.
- Must have manual dexterity, a good sense of balance, and excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Can work comfortably off ladders, scaffolds, and lifts: must be able to work from various heights.
- Valid Driver’s License: qualified candidates must have a good driving record and reliable transportation to and from our shop and/or job sites.
- Must pass a background check before employment.
- Must have had their COVID-19 vaccination and be able to provide proof of vaccination.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
You can earn great benefits and bonus potential with this position after the probationary period.
- Medical Insurance
- Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
Please submit your resume and when prompted complete the applicant screening questionnaire. Or apply at this link: https://jobs.gusto.com/postings/pace-carpenter-apprentice-3df1e3be-565a-446d-84c8-d766e7a998f9
More about this position:
- Operate and care for construction equipment.
- Ability to do physical labor and other strenuous physical tasks.
- Must be punctual and dependable.
- Performs various physical duties as assigned.
- Maintain all safety standards.
- Performs some specialized tasks which may require on-the-job training.
- Effectively using heavy and light equipment, depending on the job site/assignment.
- Moving tools, equipment, or other material as determined per workflow
- Ability to read labels, safety warnings, and guidelines.
- Attentive to detail and alert at all times to ensure safety.
- Able to receive and follow instructions and communicate with co-workers.
- Ability to safely operate various vehicles and equipment.
PACE Construction provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
About PACE Construction:
PACE is a boutique firm offering complete design-build, construction, and concierge home improvements services. PACE’s mission is to contribute professionally to the construction and maintenance of strong, long-lasting buildings and products. We are passionate about building great products that make people’s lives easier. Combined our team has over 60 years of experience strategizing innovative home building experiences for small remodeling projects to the development of home communities.Our company based in our nation’s capital, Washington, DC has expertise in historic Federal Rowhouse remodels. We are excited to partner with you on this new project!