Assistant Project Manager
Assistant Project ManagerHance Construction
Washington, NJ 07882
The Assistant Project Manager is responsible for assisting in the successful completion of multiple projects within the organization to the satisfaction of our clients. He or she will assist in providing the estimate and support the Project Superintendent and Project Manager, to effectively deliver the assigned project. He or she will understand all client needs regarding the service provided, support all activities associated with the procurement of goods, installation and implementation of the project, prepare schedules to meet the client’s requirements, assist the Job Superintendent address all issues arising during the project including situation analysis, communication, mitigation, contingency planning, escalations, follow-up and closure.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement and manage communication between members of the project team (Owner, sub-contractors and suppliers, community stakeholders, company management and others) throughout the duration of the project.
- Upon award of contract, assist in confirming scope and performing timely buy out of all project material, labor and sub-contracts.
- Read and understand project drawings and specifications, perform detailed estimates including quantity takeoffs, unit cost extensions, generate subcontractor bid interest, manage distribution of bid documents and coordinate timely receipt of pricing and final estimate tabulation, travel to job sites as required by project conditions.
- Provide data for the timely generation of all sub-contract documents including schedule of values, payment terms, insurance certificates, safety documentation and monthly billing requisitions.
- Assist in permit applications and interaction with utility providers.
- Manage and integrate activities across multiple functional lines. Become familiar with the operations of each function and maintain a working knowledge of the product and services provided to the client.
- Evaluate specifications, starting and completing times and staffing requirements for each phase of construction.
- Assist the project superintendent’s procurement of tools, equipment and materials to be delivered at specified times to conform to work schedules.
- Consult supervisory personnel and sub-contractors engaged in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications and coordinating various phases of construction to assist Project manager and project superintendent to prevent delays.
- Inspect work in progress to ensure workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules.
- Track and manage work in process, change orders, authorizations and maintain the highest standards for the client.
- Monitor cost performance and suggest work schedule adjustments as indicated by reports.
- Prepare reports on progress, material used and costs.
- Act as a second set of eyes to assure that construction activities comply with federal, state and local environmental rules and regulations.
- Assists in sales presentations by generating preliminary schematic drawings.
Send resumes or referrals to email@example.com
with “Attention: Recruiting Manager” in the subject line.