Washington, DC 20001
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we're not just creating structures, we're helping our clients pioneer and grow by designing, engineering, and executing the construction of their state-of-the-art facilities that are changing our world.
As a Construction Inspector at our project site on Ascension Island, you'll be responsible for DoD Title II Quality Assurance services in addition to other contract administration and administrative tasks during construction of a major wind power generation facility.
- Surveillance and Inspection - Conduct on site surveillance and inspections to verify compliance with design requirements, schedules, cost, and quality. Review engineering drawings for constructability, coordinate work clearance requests (dig permits), process construction submittals and progress schedules, attend construction meetings, provide and maintain daily digital construction photographs, complete final project closeout documentation, and perform warranty inspections for the assigned project. Recognize and promptly address project safety concerns.
- Compliance - Monitor project progress, shop drawings, tests, and other submittals to ensure compliance with plans, specifications, and environmental permit requirements. Utilize the client’s project management control systems to track workflow and record responses.
- Construction Log - Maintain a construction log AF Form 1477.
- Changes to Plans/Submittals/RFIs – Maintain a copy of all redlined drawings, specifications, acceptance tests and inspection schedules and reports. Assign construction submittal reviewers and expedite responses.
- Outage Coordination - Coordinate construction progress schedules, utility outages, requests for base support, and non-access times with all applicable Government agencies and associated contractors.
- Problem Resolution - Identify problems encountered during construction and engage regularly with the technical team in resolving issues. Communicate with the client on progress, issues, and accomplishments, Identifying deviations from the contract and taking actions to correct each error or omission.
#biaffederalHere’s What You’ll Need:
- 4 year degree in Engineering or Construction Mgt.
- 5 or more years’ experience in construction practices, procedures, and testing.
- 3 years of Quality assurance / Quality Control of DoD construction projects.
- Deep working knowledge of construction methods, building systems, contracts, scheduling, and quality
- Proficient with MS Office Suite including MS Project
U.S. Government Executive Order on ensuring adequate COVID safety protocols:
As a federal contractor of the U.S. government, Jacobs is subject to the Executive Order requiring companies who support U.S. government contracts to ensure their covered employees are fully COVID-19 vaccinated or approved for a legally-entitled medical or religious accommodation.
Full vaccination is NOT required at this time for positions that are not covered by the federal contractor Executive Order, that do not require performance of work in a Jacobs office, and that do not have full vaccination as a client requirement where work is performed at a client site.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.