Federal Construction - Superintendent - Washington, DC
Federal Construction - Superintendent - Washington, DCCCI General Contractors, LLC
Washington, DC 20375
Federal Construction Superintendent
Location: Naval Research Laboratory, Washington, DC
Full-Time Permanent Position
Great Benefit Package
CCI General Contractors, LLC is currently seeking a full-time federal construction superintendent. Potential candidates must be experienced, technically proficient, Federal Market Construction professionals with a belief in teamwork for projects. This person would be part of a 3 person project execution team. Project size is ~$1.3M
The position requires knowledge in every stage of the construction process and the ability to supervise multiple subcontractors. Fifteen (15+) years construction experience desired with 5+ years on projects $2M or greater. Candidates possessing US Navy, Air Force, and/or US Army Corp construction experience desired.
The primary responsibility of this position is to coordinate, plan, and supervise subcontractors and/or craft activities ensuring adherence to plans and specifications; enforcing site safety and providing contractor quality control. Candidates must have strong organizational and communication skills. Other tasks or duties include:
- Provide daily on-site supervision of subcontractors;
- Monitor contractor production, schedule and performance;
- Manage subcontractor Daily Production Reports;
- Assist with coordination aspects as directed by the CCI Project Managers;
- Comply with all guidelines, policies and procedures established by CCI while on shift, on call or attending training. Initiate problem solving and perform repairs on any required work-related equipment, in a timely manner and within the boundaries of previous training;
- Conduct safety audits. Assist with contractor quality control and safety at construction locations;
- Assist and fill in for CCI Project Managers when they are not available;
- Assist subcontractors with Federal (Navy or USACE) procedures and rules;
- Manage subcontractor base access issues;
- Ensure contractors complete work on schedule while fulfilling warranty issues;
- Assist Project Managers on walk-throughs with contractors and the Govt for bidding purposes;
- Work directly with Public Works Department;
- Communicate daily status of current projects to Project Manager to ensure all projects are timely and within CCI standards;
- Maintain 100% “Compliance Readiness” in all areas or mandatory/regulatory requirements;
- Maintain 100% “Safety Standards and Accountability” in all areas or mandatory/regulatory requirements, which include:
- Taking necessary action when behaviors or conditions around you may be unsafe.
- Reporting and addressing all potential safety concerns/incidents/issues promptly.
- Facilitating or participating in CCI safety meetings, work safely and maintain a safe work environment as an employee and representative of CCI.
- Willingly participate and assist in any investigation that may relate to a safety incident.
- Document and record any injury or near miss incident that may occur while you are working.
- Maintain and demonstrate proficient working knowledge of all work-related equipment, policies, procedures and tactics at all times. Perform daily/weekly on-site customer interface.
- OSHA 30 Certified
- USACE CQM Certification
- CPR 1st Aid training and Certification
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 50 lbs;
- Must be able to climb ladders and access roof tops;
- Professional verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to organize and lead labor trades, vendors and subcontractors;
- Must be dependable and able to work independently; and
- Must treat all employees, clients, subcontractors and vendors with dignity and respect.
US Citizenship required. Ability to be able to gain security access and pass drug test required. Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
Annual salary is dependent on experience and qualifications.
CCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location